Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Storm called Stormy

If I’m compact, selective and loud, Stormy is orderly, gracious and poised. I’d love for all my friends and family to meet her. No doubt they’d be just as fond of her as I am. She’s charming, agreeable, zany and imaginative. And despite all these Sanguine-like traits, Stormy is unmistakably official, methodical and reliable. She’s an old soul like Aunt Jemima, with a dry, playful wit that reminds me of Bonny Hunt.

Stormy enjoys:

Latin dancing (she’s been a “Salsa Freak” for over a year now).

Music (in Spanish which she cannot speak nor understand).

Brainstorming (about books she will one day write and publish and businesses she’ll surely start).

Collecting hundreds of dishes. (She once bought an entire collection of dishware from a catering business.) Stormy’s response when asked if she bought dishes from a caterer? “Well, that’s just the white dishes.”

Things that involve being systematic and meticulous. (I think she’s in the processes of converting her paper files into electronic documents and reviewing her finances that are in Excel.)

Drinking, preparing and serving tea. (Preferably on her front porch in one of her dozens of “pretty but useful” teapots, on one of her many trays lined with freshly ironed, flowery, cloth napkins because she’s “not a fan of doilies.” Apparently, “even the word ‘doily’ is dumb.”

Making sure everything is clean. (See below for what it looks like when Stormy dries some of the said dishes) I walked into the kitchen only to immediately turn around and run for my camera.




Hosting people and their things. Despite the two bedroom bungalow, Stormy always has room to host. She also has components of her friend’s gumball business stored in her garage.

Freshly baked cookies. One afternoon, Stormy had “a craving for freshly baked peanut butter cookies.” Ergo, she made cookie dough from scratch and baked 4 cookies. Yes, 4. The rest of the dough she strategically placed in the fridge so she could bake and consume “freshly baked peanut butter cookies at any time.”

My favorite Stormy quote? "I'm about to commit horticultural theft."

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word, you just summed this gal up better than I would have ever guessed anyone could!!!

    Too bad none of us can marry this amazing woman. We'd be all set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4. That's all I have to say.

    ReplyDelete