Sunday, January 4, 2009

Salsa Dancing?

Stormy introduced me to the "Salsa Scene" tonight. While I usually begin preparing for bed at ten, Stormy convinced me to put on my dancing shoes. It's all so surreal as Stormy is very conservative. A little voice in my head told me to be prepared and to keep track of blog-worthy-info via my cell phone's notepad. Needless to say, my thumbs had more of a workout than my feet. I mean, this is The County and not Miami.
Upon entering the parking lot, and with car window down, I asked the bouncer if there was a cover charge. He of course replied, "Not for beautiful ladies." Thank God. I can finally pay for something with my looks. We quickly found a parking spot. This suprised me since Stormy's Passat didn't fit one of the 7 spots reserved for "Bikes Only." We reached the entrance and the bouncer whipped out a metal detector (in wand form) and told me I had to leave my purse in the car. It's not more than five minutes later that I realize the guy standing next to me is wearing a jersey that reads "Player 69."
Sure, the dancing was fun. But at one point someone told me to sign up for the wet t-shirt contest because "I got it" and he was "bein straight up." Stormy and I laughed, however, I threw up a little in my mouth at this point. We left before the contest. Rebekah, in response to all of the texts I'd sent her, asked "So is there actually latin dancing going on or just re-enactments of the switch blade fight in West Side Story?" Wow. Next time can we go dancing at the Samba Room in Orlando? Ahh, good times and adventures!

4 comments:

  1. I'm your first follower! Heh heh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Salsa in Polk County... niiiiiiice.
    Been to Samba room. We'll talk...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I'm noticing distinct differences between salsa and swing dancing!

    And yeah for blogging! I need to update mine. I have a post floating in my head. I just need to put it on paper...err...keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. for the 12th time... will this thing ever let me leave a comment?! ...seriously, I've been witty so many times and I keep getting denied!

    ReplyDelete