Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Girls

The teens in my classroom are like no other. They're the most creative, most talented, most offensive group of young ladies I've ever had the privilege of teaching. Our class motto? "We've been in Betty Ford more than Gerald." Ok, it's not actually our motto. But I'm genuinely surprised one of them hasn't come up with the slogan. They never cease to captivate and charm me or to thwart my expectations. Tatiana, one of our recent graduates, was raised in a Russian orphanage until the age of 12. Recently, her close friend, Breanna, informed me of a conversation that took place between Tatiana and Sela. Sela, another student, was born and raised in Alaska. Breanna, in her dry, monotone delivery began to recount the dialogue... Tatiana: "I'm Russian and Russia owns Alaska, so basically, I own Sela." Sela: "You were broke and sold me!" Tatiana: "Yeah, for less than a dollar per square mile."

No comments:

Post a Comment