Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Westminster Confession

"My whole life was an elaborate scheme to keep God at a distance." Jack Miller

Sometimes it feels like Christmas everyday. There are days filled with awe and wonder because of Christ. Sometimes they begin with coffee and CBR. Today one evolved during our reading of the Larger Catechism. He overwhelms me. The fact that I can never be more justified than I am right now... My justification rests on Jesus Christ, and His righteousness is full and complete everyday. Even on my worst day. Even on my best day. "...so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."
It's more than a thank You. It's more than an I love You. It's an I-need-You-more-than-air-kind-of-thing. And He gives! He gives Himself.

"Happy are those whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered."

Q. 70. What is justification?
A. Justification is an act of God's free grace unto sinners, in which he pardoneth all their sins, accepteth and accounteth their persons righteous in His sight; not for anything wrought in them, or done by them, but only for the perfect obedience and full satisfaction of Christ, by God imputed to them, and received by faith alone.

"Be glad in the LORD and rejoice, O righteous, and shout for joy..."

1 comment:

  1. How is it I'm a follower & I don't get emails updating me when you post? ...and have you really not posted in over a year? Love to hear your thoughts -always. Hope you start again :)

    ReplyDelete